Sep 21, 2008

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall





We went up to Wyoming for Jenna and Whitney's wedding reception and had a great time fishing up and down the river. I was pretty surprised I even caught fish, because I am usually very unlucky. The Neves were so great in welcoming us and letting us take over their home. We are so happy to have Whit in our family!


Paul and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary! 5 years already! It definitely goes fast, just like the summer. We went to California, stayed in Hollywood, went to Universal Studios, Six Flags, the beach and more. A friend at work was able to hook us up with tickets to Jay Leno which was awesome! We ended up on the front row (because our our good looks, I 'm sure :) and was there to shake his hand and do some very loud clapping (thanks to Paul). What an experience to be there on the set.
Universal was fun since Paul had never been there. They had a Simpsons lot with all kinds of Simpsons stores. We also had great luck at Six Flags to get on every ride with the longest wait at 35 minutes! We had a great time exploring and we even went back to Santa Monica where we went on our honeymoon. It was a great trip. Also a big thanks to the Richs for letting us stay with them. We sure love our cousins and it was so fun to be with them and their family.


Life seems to be moving along fast and after this trip, we don't have much planned. Our next big goal is to get the backyard done before the snow comes. We have been working really hard to get things done and it looks really good.
We are also scheming up some Halloween costumes...pictures to come!

6 comments:

Sarah Z said...

Yay! You are a busy girl...can't wait to see those Halloween pics!

Alan and Abby said...

We are always excited for the Halloween costumes!

Alicia said...

Jessica, your trip looks sooo fun! Congratulations to you and to Paul on your anniversary. That is awesome! Lets go to Hires soon!

The Hilton Family~ said...

5 years already!! It is amazing how fast the time has gone. Looks like a fun trip and how fun to be able to go to the Jay Leno show. Hope to see you soon!

heather said...

So after a little google search I was able to find your blog. I just thought I'd let you know that I am blog stalking so you would be informed and not do that blog entry about the frustrations of lazy counselors in your primary presidency! :) I hope its okay if I check back from time to time! :)

Lori Passey said...

Hey Jess, happy 5th! Sounds like you had a fun trip. I hope the yard is comig along well...although I do remember you saying something about the deck...
See you at work!