Jun 28, 2010

Waterworks 101

No this is not an episode from Clean House! Last weekend we discovered that in Paul's office/stash all his gear room the carpet was full of water. We hurried to get everything out which was quite a task because as I like to put it, Paul is a keeper and I am the thrower outer in our family. So we got everything out with only a few boxes completely ruined and then we searched for the problem. Thanks to family and helpers we luckily the problem and are in the process of fixing it. Definitely not the way we planned the weekend to go!
A big thanks to Travis, Craig and Justin for their towel dancing skills! They spent hours with us sopping up the water-which I am sure was not on their to do list on a Saturday night! We had to pull up the carpet in that room and had fans going all week. Isn't life full of surprises!
So many more projects happening at the Pohlman house.....Does anyone know of anyone that has a carpet stretcher to put our carpet back? I know there is a particular name for it but I figured you will know what it is.. Getting excited for our summer trips and will post those later.

1 comment:

Sarah Z said...

sorry to hear that happened...NO FUN! I bet you can rent a carpet stretcher from home depot or somewhere...Have you heard from Mel since she left?