Aug 24, 2010

Summer...What a Blast!

San Diego with the Pohlmans!

We visited Sea World and petted sting rays. The shows were great and it was a pleaser for the whole family!











Travis and Paul took one for the team and rode in the front. I love the before and after pics...
So who is the wettest?














Pohlman Family on the beach


It sure was a great trip that I think all of us will remember. Happy 40th anniversary parents and thanks for the great trip!






















Lake Powell with the Judkins was the most memorable trip we have ever had, one never to repeat. Here is Jordan and the beloved Galaxy boat.
















So the reason the trip was the most memorable but never to repeat was:
1) My parents tent burned down the 1st night with my mom's clothes. Paul burned his fingers trying to pull out the bag and burning rubbish.
2) The Big Monty (Dad's boat) completely died, engine totally needed to be replaced and the Hackett boat wasn't working for most of the trip
3) My cousin was pulled into the prop on the back of her leg and Jordan and I were able to use our medical skills to get her to the marina to be jet winged out to Utah Valley Hospital to get stitched up. Accidents do happen and I was glad it wasn't worse than it was. Kristen (our patient) was a trooper and really took it all in stride. I am grateful for the training that I have that I could keep a level head through it all. The entire family is grateful for her recovery and she was able to get stitched up and has been recovering since.
So after 25 years of going to Lake Powell, we wish to never repeat a trip like this again. Although it is always fun to be with the cousins, aunts and uncles. Until next year!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Whoa! It was the trip where nothing could go right. Wow! I'm glad you had a good time in San Diego though. I wasn't at all surprised to see everyone in red. :)

Sarah Z said...

Looks like a blast! What fun memories though huh?! I can't believe your moms tent burned down...how did that even happen?!

Georges said...

How lucky for your cousin to have you and Jordan there! What an adventure! Glad everything turned out okay.

anya said...

I still can't believe that trip to LP Jess. Crazy!