Every year I remember the fun day we had with rain, wind, and fun with all of our family around us.
Good times!
So we have had a summer full of firsts. Joslyn gave us a great smile with her first curly hair. Okay it was really dried spit up, but it looked cute right? This was her: I am so full and happy now Mom face.
Judd's first bath time mohawk. He is our happy guy and loves to make all of us smile. Uncle John can now really call me the "punk rocker kid"
Our first boating fun. I was dying to get a ski in since I missed the last year. We went up to East Canyon and had a blast taking a evening ski. Thanks to my Dad's assistant coaches, Alli and Stacy, the twins had awesome lifejackets. They loved the boat but without necks, the jackets were a little scary to them. Once in the cuddy of the Big Monty, they fell asleep and were happy. Grandparents Judkins, Allie, Whitney and Pohlman fam enjoyed a great night with sandwiches to follow. It makes me wonder why we don't do this more often. Once the kids really grow a longer neck, there is no stopping us!
We went to St. George with the Judkins parents this last weekend just to hit the hottest week of the year. Great timing right? Paul and I had bought an annual national parks pass last year and so we stopped by a bunch of parks. On the way down, we stopped in Cedar Breaks which was awesome. It was nice and cool and we had a fun stop. I love this picture of me, twins, and my Mom. Doesn't she look awesome? I have so many people ask if we are sisters, of course I just say yes!!
We stopped into Zions and took the shuttle up to the top for a hike along the Riverwalk. It was a paved and somewhat shaded area that was great for the twins. It was still way too hot and Paul was awesome at carrying everything and pushing the stroller. My duty was to spray the kids with water every once in while. We wished we could have done more but next time we will go when it isn't so hot. We also were able to go to The Little Mermaid in Tuacahn which was really great. Our cousins watched the twins and we really appreciated their late night of tending!
| I love this pic of Grandpa and Judd. Judd was in one of his giggle moods. |
| Paul with scout friends: Scott, Doug, Kirk, and Von |
Paul earned his wood badge beads which if you are not a scouter (like myself) you don't realize what this is. He did a training which you then accomplish goals to earn your beads. He spent a lot of time doing a website for our troop that helps the boys and parents keep track of their progress and what activities are coming up, he put together a training book for upcoming scout leaders, and planned an activity with a special needs troop. This in only a few of the requirements but we sure are proud of him. Of course the twins and I spent most of the time in the hall hungry and tired, but we are proud of our scout dad!
Now he can wear a kilt.....Yeah baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment